Provides full range of physical therapy services to patients. The staff physical therapist works independently and in consultation of referring physicians with guidance of the supervisory personnel, organizing treatments to meet established criteria and proper documentation in patient’s medical records.
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy.
- Current or temporary licensure in the state of West Virginia. Permanent licensure obtained within 90 days of employment.
- Obtain certification in Basic Life Support within 30 days of hire date.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides coordinated and comprehensive patient care including assessment, expected outcomes, rehabilitation interventions and evaluation within an interdisciplinary team approach.
- Physical therapists will apply research and proven techniques to examine, diagnose, and then prevent or treat conditions that limit the body's ability to move and function in daily life as monitored by supervision, by documentation review, and consultation with M.D.
- Carries out oversight responsibilities to ensure supervision of PTAs, Rehab Techs, students, and volunteers.
- Participates in education and training of West Virginia University staff, students, patients, and family members to assure the appropriate delivery of care and to achieve the WVU Medicine mission.