Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs evaluations and re-evaluations according to standards and recommended techniques. Establishes, implements and adapts an individualized treatment plan of care (including appropriate goal setting, treatment activities and frequency). Discharges patients when maximum benefit has been achieved and/or according to standards of practice and payer guidelines.
- Documents accurately, completely, and timely with legible handwriting. Uses measurable and objective terminology following standards of practice, insurance guidelines and department/hospital policy and procedures.
- Charges patient accurately, timely, and legibly according to guidelines of the CPT code format and following insurance guidelines.
- Identifies the need for patient/caregiver education and utilizes each opportunity for teaching on a planned or spontaneous basis, including discharge recommendations. Documents education and understanding, as appropriate.
- Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department.
- Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy and five or more years of work experience in physical therapy.
- Licensed in the State of Florida as a Physical Therapist.
- Temporary State of Florida permit as Physical Therapist.
- BLS Certificate.