The staff Physical Therapist is directly responsible to the Clinical Coordinator and/or his or her designee, and has the responsibility for overall direction, utilization, supervision, instruction, and evaluation of professional and supportive staff, volunteers, and students in their area of the Rehabilitation Department.
- Graduate of an approved school of Physical therapy with a preferred minimum of two (2) years department/facility experience.
- Must have, or be eligible for the State Licensure or Registration. Registration must be obtained within one (1) year, or per state law.
- Must be a graduate of an American Physical Therapy Association approved school; current state licensure is required.
- None, two (2) years preferred.
- To practice Physical Therapy consistent with the APTA’s Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice and Standards of Practice Policy.
- To maintain a patient treatment schedule consistent with the needs of the department/facility.
- To confer with the person or persons most closely associated with the active management of the patient and to keep them informed of any additional patient needs, treatment modification, and/or progress.
- To treat patients and functions as a Staff Therapist as necessary.
- To treat patients of all ages (e.g. infants, children, adolescents, adults, geriatrics, elderly), race, creed, gender, and disability without bias or prejudice. Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the ages of the patients served within the department.
- Respects and understands the patient’s right to treatment and right to involvement in treatment decisions.
- Practices ethical responsibility based on the cultural, ethnic and religious beliefs of the patients served and applicable law.