The Physical Therapist will provide direct patient care for students of North Carolina State University that are eligible to use Student Health Services.
Essential Job Duties:
- Perform and complete comprehensive evaluations and reassessments for patients utilizing current evidenced based objective tests and measures.
- Develop and implement an individualized plan of care with measurable goals to address dysfunctions identified and patient’s goals, including a home program.
- Administer physical therapy treatment based on assessed plan of care, including patient education, manual therapies, non-manual therapies, and modalities as needed.
- Complete comprehensive documentation of all services into the Electronic Medical Record.
- Communicate with referring physician and interdisciplinary team members regarding the initial evaluation, progress notes, and discharge summary.
- Provide patient education regarding diagnosis, treatment plan, prevention, and discharge planning.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and abide by HIPAA and FERPA regulations.
- Maintain safe working environment by complying with departmental policies and procedures, as well as infection control protocols.
- Experience working with an orthopedic patient population, including post-surgical patients.
- Experience documenting in Electronic Medical Records.
- Recent documentation of continuing education in orthopedics.
- Certification in trigger point dry needling.