- Provides direct therapy services to patients admitted to a level of care where service provision is required 7 days a week, including holidays.
- Evaluates patients, selects and administers assessment techniques, synthesizes information to establish appropriate patient care plan to include necessary modalities, procedures, exercise programs, therapeutic groups and patient education as warranted by a holistic view of the patient's diagnosis, condition, age, and discharge needs.
- Gathers and interprets appropriate data from the medical record, physician reports, patient, and/or family as evidenced by documentation.
- Documents evaluations, tests, progress notes, daily treatment notes, attendance records, patient/family education, outcomes, discharge notes, and charges as needed.
- Communicates patient's evaluation and subsequent progress to physician, referral sources, and other clinical staff, coordinates patient's schedule and treatment programs, and discharge planning.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy program required.
- NC license for Physical Therapy required.
- Possess and maintain Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider certification from the American Heart Association required