This position provides therapeutic management for patient care, supervises technicians, aides and volunteers, and assists in implementing new programs to ensure positive patient outcomes.
- Performs complete, accurate, appropriate and timely evaluations on assigned patients according to department policy.
- Plans and implements treatment programs for patients with their input, establishing functional short and long-term goals.
- Administers treatment program using professionally accepted methodology demonstrating knowledge and skills appropriate to the patient's age and status.
- Performs re-assessments on patients in a timely manner, as dictated by WI practice act and DOE requirements.
- Initiate discharge planning for all patients with their involvement, and when appropriate, the family input.
- Performs any physical duty for patients in a safe manner, utilizing appropriate staff when necessary.
- Demonstrates appropriate and safe operation of therapeutic equipment used in patient treatments.
- Attends all meetings/care conferences, which are patient oriented.
- Records patient treatment and patient responses each day.
- Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy with a Masters or Doctorate preferred and possess a valid WI licensure as a Physical Therapist (or have the ability to obtain one).
- Minimum of 1 year directly related experience is preferred but willing to consider new graduates.