This position provides outpatient orthopedic & sports physical therapy services primarily to a pediatric population from school age through adolescence/young adulthood. The applicant should be adept and comfortable independently managing the complete continuum of professional services from patient access to appropriate coding and billing practices according to legal/ethical guidelines and hospital policy.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team.
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication.
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals.
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future.
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Demonstrates knowledge of typical development as it relates to athletic activity, whether competitive or recreational, both team and individual.
- Uses pediatric and athletic activity-based behavior management strategies and matches diagnostic/therapeutic interventions to age/ability of the child, using a framework of family-centered care.
- Establishes treatment plans with functional/measurable goals and target time frames. Obtains mutual agreement upon discussion with family/guardian.
- Implements patient’s plan of care using treatment modalities including but not limited to: exercise, neuromuscular re-education, joint and soft tissue mobilization, taping, electrical stimulation, thermal modalities as prescribed by a physician. This may include recommendations for dynamic bracing/orthotics to maximize function.
- Performs patient/family teaching for maximizing function and return to activity/sport within the home/community and implementation of home program.