As a PT at NCHHHA, you will have the opportunity to create a tailored plan of care for Home Health patients and assist them in functioning at their personal best. You will maximize the quality of life and movement potential for patients in the comfort of their own homes.
- Must be a graduate of an American Physical Therapy Association accredited program and hold minimally a Bachelor’s degree, preferably a Master’s Degree in Physical Therapy;
- Must hold a current and valid Physical Therapy practice license granted from the New Hampshire Office of Allied Health Professions.
- Competent in Computer use: Windows
- BLS certification required.
- job skills / knowledge, equipment knowledge)?
- Responsible for an initial evaluation, including objective goals, of patients referred to physical therapy prior to beginning treatment. Treatment will occur only with a written referral from a health care provider with approved privileges to prescribe physical therapy services as set forth in the State of New Hampshire Physical Therapy Practice Act.
- Responsible for developing a written treatment plan of care in consultation with and approval from the referring provider.
- Responsible for maintaining current progress notes in the patient’s record.
- Ensures that all documentation is legible and, in the format, approved by the department.
- Ensures that equipment used by the patient is in safe working condition prior to use by the patient and that any unsafe equipment will be reported to Supervisor.
- Maintains patient supplies within Home Health in reasonable amounts for patient provision.
- With the Clinical Nurse Manager, develops and updates policies and procedures relative to physical therapy practice.