- A degree from an accredited Physical Therapy Program.
- Licensed as a Physical Therapist in North Carolina.
- Comfortable using email and interacting with Internet applications.
- Knowledge of practice management and word processing software.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Practice in functional, prevocational, vocational, and homemaking skills, and activities of daily living.
- Consult with patients to learn about their physical condition and symptoms and develop a treatment plan.
- Teach patients how to properly use exercise techniques.
- Participation in sensorimotor, educational, recreational, and social activities designed to help patients of handicapped persons develop or regain physical or mental functioning or adjust to handicaps.
- Consult with rehabilitation team to select activity program consistent with needs and capabilities of individual and to coordinate physical therapy with other therapeutic activities.
- Select constructive activities suited to individual’s physical capacity, intelligence level, and interest to upgrade individual to maximum independence, assist in restoration of functions, and aid in adjustment to disability.
- Provide stimulation or massage to affected area.
- Teach patient skills and techniques required for participation in activities and evaluate patient progress.
- Design and construct special equipment for patients and suggest adaptation of patients work-living environment.
EmergeOrtho, P.A. complies with applicable civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.