- Provides comprehensive physical therapy services to individuals and families in the home setting, evaluating functional abilities and developing a plan of intervention aimed at restoring and maximizing the patient's ability to perform physical tasks independently or with the use of aids (braces, crutches, prosthetic devices) and advises and consults with the patient and family.
- Accepts primary care responsibilities and coordinates services of all disciplines as needed.
- Plans, coordinates and provides services to special groups as assigned.
- Complies with agency standards on visit productivity.
- Complies with agency policies on frequency of home visits to meet individual and family needs.
- Complies with agency policies regarding the maintenance and preparation of records and reports.
- Provides patient medical, geographical, financial and statistical information as needed by the agency.
- Manages a caseload or group of patients efficiently and effectively, reporting appropriately to the Clinical Services Manager, physician, etc.
- Graduate from an approved School of Physical Therapy, licensed to practice in the State of Iowa.
- One year experience providing direct patient services in a health care setting.
- Car, Iowa driver's license and adequate insurance as outlined in the personnel policies. Clients’ homes are located throughout Johnson County and within a fifty mile radius of the agency; the driving requirements include in-town and highway driving in good and inclement weather.
- All offers of employment are conditioned upon the result of a criminal background check conducted by the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, as required by law and a negative finding on the Office of Inspector General’s Excluded Provider List.
- Reliable, professional and able to start soon after required background check is completed.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing.
- US work authorization (Required).