- High school graduate or GED certificate required.
- Current BLS certification required.
- Organizational skills is necessary.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, administration, and physicians.
- Maintains educational handout distribution material, invoicing, claims billing.
- Communicates any changes in condition (physical or mental) to staff therapist, nursing and other facility personnel, as appropriate.
- Orders, stocks, maintains accurate records of adaptive equipment.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial needs of patients and family.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly. Maintains department cleanliness and safety.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family.
- Transports patients according to scheduled appointment time, maintains compliance with safety policies during transport at all times.
- Prepares and cleans treatment area for patient use at all times. Performs final cleaning at close of department, in preparation for first morning patient.
- Records treatment/service revisions in accordance with departmental policy.