- Performs initial and ongoing assessments of patient's condition.
- Implements the treatment plan using appropriate modalities.
- Documents subjective, objective, and assessment findings, as directly related to individual patient progress.
- Educates and counsels the patient and family/caregiver.
- Plans patient discharge from therapy services with appropriate ongoing care.
- Supervises and delegates the care provided by physical therapy assistants according to established licensing laws, state regulations and practice standards.
- Participates in onsite education and case reviews.
- Direct communication with Orthopaedic Physicians and Staff.
- Current licensure by Maine State Board of Examiners in Physical Therapy required.
- Interest in collaborating with colleagues to fully optimize knowledge and cutting edge techniques.
- Ability to build and maintain a professional, positive, and genuine patient rapport.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills; able to effectively educate patients.
- Ability to learn and utilize technical support skills.
- Adaptability skills; must be able to act calmly and efficiently in all situations and change priorities accordingly.