The Physical Therapist examines Residents upon admission, and then develops/administers therapy plans to manage their conditions, prevent further disabilities, and achieve long-term health benefits.
- Evaluate a Resident’s condition and develop an appropriate physical rehabilitation plan.
- Help Residents to improve their mobility.
- Relieve Resident’s pain using exercises, hands-on therapy, stretching, and physical therapy devices.
- Teach Residents how to use physical therapy equipment.
- Help Residents through their tasks and monitor their performance.
- Tell Residents what they should anticipate in different stages of their recovery and how they will handle each situation.
- Maintain Resident confidence and protect facility operations by keeping information confidential.
- Supervise the activities of physical therapy assistants when required.
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Program.
- Current New York State PT License.
- Experience in skilled nursing/long term care, a plus.