Under medical supervision, the Physical Therapist is responsible for the delivery of services that help restore function, improve mobility, relieve pain, and prevent or limit permanent physical disabilities of patients suffering from injuries or disease.
- Provides and documents assessment of strength, range of motion, balance and coordination, posture, muscle performance, and motor function.
- Provides and documents various treatments including exercise, electrical stimulation, hot packs or cold compresses, ultrasound to relive paid or reduce swelling.
- Provides and documents patient education regarding treatment plan, activity, exercises, assistive and/or adaptive devices such as crutches, walkers, prostheses, and wheelchairs.
- Assesses wounds, implementing the appropriate skin care protocol.
- Performs duties and responsibilities with indirect supervision and must frequently make independent decisions.
- Participates in discharge plan rounds as needed.