Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Provides direct physical therapy services in accordance with individualized educational plans or established 504 Plans.
- Conducts physical therapy evaluations and/or observations and writes comprehensive reports on referred students.
- Interprets physical therapy test results and makes recommendations on how best to meet the educational needs of a student to school personnel, other concerned professionals, parents and, as appropriate, the students.
- Provides consultation to the school admin., faculty/staff, and parents on matters pertaining to physical therapy.
- Identifies student needs and works with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students promote student engagement
- Communicates with parents and school personnel on the progress of students receiving physical therapy services.
- Directs and supervises special education paraprofessionals in special education and general education settings with regard to student’s physical need.
- Master’s degree in physical therapy
- Massachusetts License (active) as Physical Therapy.
- Preferred: Prior work experience as a physical therapist. Competency in use of current related educational technology.
- Applicants must possess the drive, experience, and entrepreneurial spirit to craft an outstanding urban public school. Boston Prep is committed to a diverse workplace.
Boston Prep is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.