This is a professional position to meet the individual needs of students through direct service and consultative support to staff and families to support progress in the General Education Curriculum.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Diagnose student fine motor/gross motor needs through analysis of test results, observations, and information from parents and teacher consultation;
- Develop and implement IEP goals and objectives/IFSP outcomes for students with fine motor and gross motor impairments which prevent the student from accessing their general education curriculum;
- Develop and train staff and students on the effective implementation of safe transition supports, safe lifting, environmental accessibility/mobility, adaptive equipment access and evacuation drills;
- Consult with teachers and parents regarding the various aspects of motor skills development and associated supports and their impact on achievement;
- Collaborate with physical education teachers on strategies and supports within PE and other settings;
- Serve as a resource person to school personnel in the development and selection of materials to address the needs of students for developmentally appropriate motor skills;
- Re-evaluation and update of individual therapy programs;
- Maintain accurate data for individual student interventions.
- Must possess a license as established by the Board of Examiners; and
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy preferred.