Essential Job Functions:
- Assess, plan, organize, and participate in rehabilitative programs that improve mobility, relieve pain, increase strength, and decrease or prevent deformity of patients suffering from disease or injury.
- Examines patients’ medical histories and performs physical therapy evaluations to develop treatment plans for patients.
- Carries out treatment plans for patients and properly utilizes physical therapy equipment for good patient outcomes.
- Reassess patients’ response to treatment to help determine the patient’s ability to be independent and reintegrate into the workplace or community after injury or illness.
- Prepare patients for independence by proper instruction in home exercise programs and use of necessary assistive equipment.
- Documents patients’ progress, conducts periodic examinations, and modifies treatments with emphasis on identification of areas requiring more/less attention.
- Bachelor’s degree in physical therapy from accredited program.
- Master’s or Doctorate degree in physical therapy preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience as a Physical Therapist in a clinic setting preferred.
- Current state physical therapist license.
- CPR/AED certification.