As a Physical Therapist, you are responsible for direct patient care . Integrate elements of patient/client management, examination, evaluation, diagnosis, prognosis and interventions in a manner designed to maximize patient’s functional outcomes. Document treatments and patient progress according to professional, department policies and procedures. Functions as a part of the multidisciplinary team working with patients with a primary diagnosis of CVA, SCI, LE Amputation, Orthopedics, and Cardiopulmonary conditions.
- Formulates comprehensive treatment program by evaluating patient’s past medical history, disease/condition, impairments, disability and functional/developmental status.
- Prioritize patient care needs.
- Accurately assess patient’s rehab needs through the continuum of care and provides appropriate disposition, equipment, education and treatment recommendations in a timely manner.
- Completes all documentation in accordance with professional, organizational, regulatory and facility's corporate compliance standards.
- All clinical and payer required documentation is concise, pertinent, legible and in accordance with organizational requirements.
What you will need:
- Graduate of an approved Physical Therapy program with a Bachelor of Science, Master’s degree or Clinical Doctorate of physical therapy degree.
- Current NYS Physical Therapy license and registration.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and written.
- 1 year of Physical Therapy preferred.