As a Physical Therapist at Salem Health, you will play a key role in patient care and interaction. Your outgoing and positive communication style enables you to work with a great team of patient care professionals where your abilities will be challenged and rewarded.
- Evaluation: Using evidence based standards and measures the evaluation reflects an organized assessment based on the patient’s diagnosis and presenting signs and history.
- Treatment Plan: The treatment plan should reflect the objective findings of the evaluation. Patient/family participation included in establishing measurable and functionally based goals Implement a treatment plan, as well as supervise other therapists, assistants and aides. Using evidence based standards, treatment is given in skillful, effective and timely fashion. Demonstrate progression towards functional goals and adjust plan of care when appropriate.
- Discharge Planning: Collaborate with health care team in discharge planning. Anticipates patient and family needs and provides appropriate training and education.
- Documentation: Documentation is completed within the time frame specified within each program area, reflects patient response to therapy interventions, progress towards goals, and supports each billing entry.
- A BS, MS, or Doctorate in Physical Therapy required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience or clinical rotation in department specific area required.
- Graduate of a program approved by the Committee on Accreditation in Education of the American Physical Therapy Association, and holds a valid license to practice in the state of Oregon or is license eligible.
- BLS from the AHA within 90 days of hire required.
- Team player and have proven success applying team approach to obtain resolution to an issue.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, problem solving, decision making and organizational skills for working with the rehabilitation team and patients.
- An ability to prioritize and multi task while working in a high volume multidisciplinary setting.