The Company is looking for a caring, dedicated physical therapist to provide quality care to the residents. The Physical Therapist evaluates and treats patients/residents, communicates with their families, physicians, and other health team members, and maintains all necessary documentation of services in the patients medical records.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Evaluate patients promptly, and per facility policies and expectations, upon receiving physician referral for treatment.
- Develop effective treatment plans.
- Obtain approval for services from referring physician.
- Treat patients according to treatment plan approved by physician.
- Communicate regularly with supervisor, other members of the rehabilitation team, and nursing staff regarding patient treatment plan, progress, and prognosis.
- Record evaluations, daily treatment notes, weekly progress notes, 14-day progress report to the physician, recertifications, and discharge summaries per Company and facility policy and procedure
- Complete all required documentation from your daily treatments/interventions prior to leaving the facility.
- Educate patient families and facility nursing staff in treatment and any applicable maintenance programs.
- Participate in discharge planning.
- Secure necessary durable medical equipment (e.g., orthoses, walkers, canes elevated toilet seats, and grab bars) for patients to facilitate independent mobility.
- Licensed as a Physical Therapist in the State of California.
- Valid CPR certification.
- A completed physical examination from a licensed physician.
- Negative TB skin test within the past year OR a clear Chest X-ray within the past five years
- Ability to gather and analyze information in a timely and skillful manner.
- Ability to manage time efficiently.
- Resourceful, problem-solving attitude.