- Review and evaluate physician’s referral and resident’s medical record to determine Physical Therapy program required.
- Meet with residents and evaluate each resident’s current level of functioning using approved evaluation techniques, tests and observations, and prepare written treatment programs based on evaluations.
- Administer a prescribed Physical Therapy program to restore and maintain maximum function and prevent disability using a range of therapeutic modalities.
- Coordinate physical therapy services with Occupational Therapy, Speech-Language Pathology and the Nursing department.
- Maintain appropriate documentation in the resident chart, and re-evaluate resident progress and revise treatment programs when necessary.
- Communicate Physical Therapy philosophy and treatment approaches and goals to residents, their families and other members of the team.
- Supervise Physical Therapy Assistants and monitor productivity.
- Develops physical therapy staff by providing information and developing and conducting in-service training programs.
- Graduate of an accredited school for Physical Therapy and a valid registered license for the state in which employed.
- Acute care, long-term care and/or rehabilitation experience of at least one year, preferred.
- Ability to successfully teach others how to do something
- Actively look for ways to help people.
- Ability to communicate and adapt to different residents and personalities
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines.