As a Physical Therapist, you would assess, evaluate, plan and carry out physical therapy programs to restore maximum reasonable function and minimize disability following disease, injury or genetically acquired disabilities. You will help the patient reach their maximal level of function and cope with any limitations.
- You would be responsible for the comprehensive physical therapy of assigned patients to include evaluation, program planning, treatment implementation, documentation and discharge planning.
- Treat patients according to plan using conventional treatments methods, while also applying critical thinking skills and potential alternatives.
- You will provide patient and family members with appropriate information throughout the course of care.
- Identify and document precautions and implications for treatment intervention from medical history screening process.
- Set and document realistic goals with timeframes incorporating the patient and family needs and goals.
- Current state Physical Therapy license.
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate in Physical Therapy as required by the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date.
- At least one-year clinical experience in acute care preferred.