Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides patient/client care and assessment in accordance with established practice/departmental guidelines.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and correct application of clinical techniques, procedures and programs for clinical setting and patient populations served
- Develops an accurate individualized plan of care. Goals are feasible based upon findings and patient/family expectations. Evaluates effectiveness of treatment plan and revises as necessary. Documents patient treatment, reports and charges daily.
- Provides patient/family education and training, trains patient and/or primary caregiver in post discharge management. Plans and attends patient/family meetings.
- Adapts conventional therapeutic techniques to meet the needs of patients unable to comprehend verbal commands or voluntarily carry out a regime of therapeutic exercises/activity.
- Graduate of the American Physical Therapy Association accredited training program.
- Experience in acute care, skilled nursing facility, outpatient and/or sub-acute settings preferred.
- Current California Physical Therapy license and BCLS required.
- Clinical Specialty as defined/awarded by the American Physical Therapy Association.