The Physical Therapist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Assesses the patient, reviews and interprets the patients medical evaluations and test results.
- Determines a physical therapy treatment plan, selects and administers manual exercises, utilizes appropriate assistive and supportive devices.
- Encourages and assists the patient in performing therapeutic physical activities, provides patient, family, and caregiver education and instruction in home exercise programs.
- Administers physical therapy treatments, directs and monitors treatment given by paraprofessionals and support personnel, provides follow-up clinical direction and guidance.
- Evaluates effects of physical therapy, observes and notes patients response and progress, recommends adjustments and modifications.
- Completes discharge planning in collaboration with health care team and assures continuation of therapeutic treatment by participating in home care planning and recommending outpatient or home health follow-up programs.
- Physical Therapy, Licensed (IL).
- Basic Life Support (American Heart Association) certification.
- Master of Science or Doctorate in Physical Therapy (if graduated after 2002).
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Physical Therapy (if graduated before 2002).
- Zero (0) to two (2) years experience in a relevant role.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable the individual with disabilities to perform essential functions.