Performs therapeutic procedures by administering manual exercises and instructing, encouraging, and assisting patients in performing physical activities, such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, and daily-living activities. Also guides and assists the Physical Therapy Assistant in their daily duties.
- Provide physical therapy services to patients presenting to the clinic.
- Make appropriate diagnoses and prescribe necessary treatments or procedures to promote health following clinic policies.
- Manage the physical therapy patient schedule to maximize the number of patient seen without compromising quality of care.
- Record all information gathered and decisions made in the patient Electronic Medical Record.
- Following established medical guidelines, educate patients regarding their health status and treatments.
- Utilize appropriate educational materials pertaining to specific physical therapy issues.
- Work with other members of the medical clinic and the physical medicine team as needed in the carrying out of prescribed duties.
- Maintain appropriate physical therapy licensure.
- Graduate of a physical therapy program accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association; and pass the National Physical Therapy Examination licensing exam.
- Renew license every two years by completing at least 20 hours of continuing education as required by the State of Minnesota.
- One year of experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, Access, Excel and Microsoft outlook is required.
- Knowledge with Native American cultures, communities and beliefs is preferred.
- Experience working with Native American clients, communities and is able to demonstrate cultural sensitivity is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.