The primary duties of the Physical Therapist (PT)are to test and measure the function of the musculoskeletal, neurological, pulmonary, and cardiovascular systems of patients . As prescribed by a referring physician, the physical therapist treats and directs treatment of patients based on a established plan of care . The therapist notes the diagnosis and takes all precautions of observing indications and contradictions.
- Communicates positively and effectively with patients, physician, support staff, families, and supervisors.
- Therapist documentation is accurate and complete in all clinical and administrative applications.
- Treatment plans are implemented efficiently and safely.
- Treatment planning is accomplished specific to the needs of each individual patient.
- Evaluations are completed in a timely manner using all available appropriate resources.
- Demonstrates mature approach to professional PM&R employment status.
- Demonstrates flexibility and professional approach to constantly changing environment.
- Demonstrates professional decorum in daily clinical and administrative actions.
- Graduation from accredited school of Physical Therapy .
- Current State of Michigan Physical Therapist (PT) licensure .
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.