Western Wisconsin Health is looking for a full-time Physical Therapist (1.0 FTE) to join our Rehabilitation department. The physical therapist is responsible for overseeing the provision of physical therapy treatment for patients suffering from injuries, or muscle, nerve, joint and bone diseases, to restore function, relieve pain, and prevent disability by performing the following duties at Western Wisconsin Health and to offsite business clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for patient-centered, physical therapy provided across the service lines of Western Wisconsin Health;
- Reviews Physician's referral (prescription) and patient's condition and medical records to determine physical therapy treatment required;
- Evaluates as indicated patient's strength, motor development, sensory perception, functional capacity, and respiratory and circulatory efficiency, and records findings to develop or revise treatment programs;
- Fits patients for, adjusts, and trains patients in the use and care of orthopedic braces prosthesis orthotics and supportive devices such as wheelchairs, walkers, canes, and crutches;
- Plans and prepares written treatment program based on evaluation of patient data;
- Administers procedures such as, manual exercises, massage and traction;
- Instructs, motivates, and assists patient to perform various physical activities and in use of assistant and supportive devices such as crutches, canes, and prostheses.
- Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy from an APTA accredited program.
- Current license through the State of Wisconsin as a physical therapist or willing to become licensed upon hire.
- CPR certification.