Assist with the day-to-day programs and routines of players going through physical therapy and a rehabilitation program at the Cincinnati Reds Player Development Complex in Goodyear, Arizona.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize an objective based approach to injury assessment, treatment and return-to-play management.
- Assist in development of injury specific protocols and educational content for Health and Performance staff.
- Assist with training room tasks as necessary, including but not limited to: medical administration, evaluation and treatment of acute injuries, assistance of the Athletic Training staff with daily training room duties.
- Assist with implementation and completion of Spring Training and End of Season physicals throughout organization.
- Ensure cleanliness and organization of training room and rehab equipment/modalities.
- Assist with internship/fellowship program development and implementation.
- Assist medical department with duties assigned as needed.
- Assist with coordination and monitoring of rehab athletes at outside clinics in the off-season.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Independent judgment and ability to multitask is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work long, flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
- Must be trustworthy and comfortable with managing sensitive information.
- High level of interpersonal skills and be able to effectively communicate with wide range of departments, seniority levels and personalities.
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications and communication platforms in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, EMR and Slack).
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, military or veteran status, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.