DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Attends team meetings and conferences on patient care and discharge planning.
- Attends, participates, and contributes to in-service educational training.
- Communicates with family, case managers, health insurers, etc. as appropriate.
- Confers with other PT’s, aides, and department manager as appropriate for problem-solving and program planning.
- Confers with referring physicians, and health care team about patient status.
- Completes required administrative forms for leave of absences, payroll, and statistics.
- Writes clear, concise, legible, and objective information on patient evaluations, progress notes, discharge notes, equipment orders, and insurance forms and records accurate daily treatment attendance and charges.
- Miscellaneous: Able to use computer for charge entry and credit, retrieval of demographic info and lab/ x-ray results, generating referrals.
- Education: Graduation from an approved school of Physical Therapy.
- Minimum Experience: Entry level position; recent experience in another clinical setting related to the area of proposed supervision (acute medical, rehab, SNF, or outpatient) preferred.
- Required Licenses/Certifications: BLS-Basic Life Support Certification - issued by AHA-American Heart Association.
- Licenses/Certifications: Eligibility for, or possession of, a valid certificate to practice as a Registered Physical Therapist in the State of California.