- Evaluate outpatient, inpatients and home health care patients and determine an appropriate plan of care for physical therapy.
- Conducts treatments using appropriate application of physical therapy techniques, education and modalities.
- Documents therapy plan, patient treatment, and patient progress. Delegates responsibility for certain aspects of treatment to PTA and supervises performance.
- Plans and teaches home programs regarding the use of equipment and procedures to be continued by the patient.
- Communicates with physician and other health care staff about patients’ program and progress.
- Attends patient care conferences and discharge planning meetings when appropriate.
- Demonstrates initiative and skills in planning and organizing work.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy school.
- Passing score on the National Physical Therapy Exam.
- Must be licensed or ability to obtain a license to practice physical therapy in the state of Minnesota.
- Fluent in Spanish (preferred).
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Valid driver’s license.