The Physical Therapist role provides support and leadership in all aspects of the Fitness program. They lead, instruct, and motivate participants in safe and effective exercise programming including with the scope of practice. This includes; injury prevention, cardiovascular exercise, strength training, range of motion, and pain reduction from overuse and general injuries.
- Record Keeping and Testing: Performs range of motion and fitness assessments for clients as applicable. Performs related duties as required to meet the needs of the Fitness and Parks and Recreation programs including accurate completion of all required paperwork.
- Customer Service: Provides exceptional customer service to include answering customers’ questions, maintaining a positive and friendly class environment, and enforcing facility policies.
- Teamwork: Responsible for knowing and complying with all city and department policies; participating in professional trainings and development; and adhering to attendance and workplace attire policies. Continues education in the field, maintains certification(s) and job knowledge to remain current with trends, teaching techniques and attends all in-house training and staff meetings.
- Safety: Takes proper safety precautions to ensure participant safety and prevent accidents. Is responsible for the safety of self, others, materials, and equipment. Uses all required safety equipment and follows all safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Reports all accidents and damage to city property immediately (within 24 hours).
- Education: College degree in exercise physiology, kinesiology, exercise science or related degree.
- Certifications: Current national and state physical therapy license. Current CPR/AED and First Aid certification.
- Program Design: Experience in assessment and individualized exercise program design for all populations. Ability to design exercise programs for individuals with chronic diseases, and in stages of post-rehabilitation.
- 1 year or 52 direct contact hours of Physical Therapy experience
- Have and maintain acceptable background information, including criminal conviction history.