Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Performs a detailed evaluation, including appropriate assessment on all patients as related to the therapy requested, using motor and neurological capabilities, and designs a treatment plan to achieve maximum physical performance while adjusting to disabilities.
- Evaluates various body systems using tests that include manual muscle testing (specific or functional), goniometry, reflex testing, neurological development testing, spine and joint mobility, evaluation, and gait and posture evaluation for each patient.
- Displays proficiency in application of physical agents and mechanical modalities, electrotherapeutic modalities and assistive, adaptive, orthotic, protective and prosthetic devices and equipment.
- Displays proficiency in soft tissue techniques, manual joint mobilization, stretching and relaxation techniques, gait training, exercise protocols, proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation, coordination, and balancing activities.
- Communicates and collaborates with staff and physicians in order to address patient care, resolve problems and improve the delivery of multidisciplinary care on a daily basis.
- Current Colorado Physical Therapy License required.
- Current BLS certification through American Heart Association required.
- BS Degree in Physical Therapy or closely related field with MS or above in Physical Therapy required.
- 2 years of experience working with patients in both inpatient and outpatient settings strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.