To organize and conduct medically prescribed treatment programs for adult and pediatric patients to help restore function and prevent disability according to the principles and practices of physical therapy.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Evaluates new patients, sets objective measurable treatment goals for functional outcome, establishes appropriate treatment programs, and provides documentation of same.
- Administers diagnostic muscle, nerve, joint and functional ability tests to determine the extent of the patient’s impairment and the prognosis for improvement.
- Carries out appropriate treatment modalities, and re-evaluates the patient as needed, modifying the treatment plan based on patient progress.
- Provides objective, analytic documentation of patient care, patient/family education, and communication with other caregivers.
- Communicates effectively with medical/allied health personnel, regarding patient progress, needs, and discharge planning.
- Provides instruction in therapeutic procedures to be continued by patient and family.
- Assists in training new personnel as requested by manager.
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited Physical Therapy Program.
- Licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Current BLS.