The Staff Physical Therapist reports to the Clinical Supervisor, Physical Therapy. The Staff Physical Therapist provides quality direct patient care in assigned areas in accordance with the standards of the Maine Practice Act for Physical Therapy and in accordance with the philosophy of Maine Coast Memorial Hospital.
- Provides direction and supervision to the Physical Therapist Assistants and Rehab Techs.
- Demonstrates the ability to observe and evaluate treatment effect, recommends/discusses program changes with coworkers and physician as needed.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform an appropriate examination and evaluation on all patients as related to the therapy ordered.
- Provides reassessments as per policy and standard of care.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs and evaluate effectiveness of learning, family is included in teaching as appropriate.
Competencies and Skills:
- Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
- Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
- Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.