- Performing diagnostic evaluations upon referral by physician. Verifying appropriateness of referral, contacting physician as necessary.
- Reviewing patient medical history/record and selecting, administering and interpreting standardized tests and measurements in order to assess cardiopulmonary, developmental, musculoskeletal, neurological and sensorimotor function.
- Developing and implementing individualized patient treatment programs. Establishing treatment goals and prescribing and administering appropriate physical therapy procedures.
- Preparing discharge plans and home treatment programs and providing instruction and education to patients and families. Monitoring treatment outcomes, modifying program as needed and communicating recommendations to physicians and other providers.
- Recording assessments, diagnoses and treatment in patient medical record according to established documentation standards. Preparing reports, correspondence, referrals and other materials for schools, providers, payors and others as needed. Assigning standardized billing codes and corresponding charges required for reimbursement.
To qualify, you must have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy.
- 3 years minimum PT experience required.
- Pediatric and/or inpatient acute care experience preferred.
- Excellent Analytical and Communication skills.
- Current MA state licensure as a Physical Therapist by the state board of registration of allied health professions.