Develops and implements physical therapy programs for students on assigned caseload. Students may be served at Laurel as well as in any of the schools that are based in the divisions served by the Laurel Regional Program.
- Performs as member of an interdisciplinary team whose purpose is to provide appropriate educational programs for students with disabilities.
- Serves as a liaison between the student's physicians and instructional team members.
- Adheres to the Code of Ethics of the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Provides students with disabilities therapy in the areas of range of motion; posture; gait; strength; motor development; and functional abilities.
- Keeps essential records necessary for efficient operation.
- Serves as a consultant to school personnel and parents.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the principal and director for special education.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a degree in physical therapy and/or a Certificate of physical therapy from an approved school of physical therapy.
- Must possess a valid physical therapy license in the state of Virginia.
LCS is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.