Responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating physical therapy services for patients in concert with the total care plan. Provide quality care to attain patient’s optimal functional level.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes assessment data to develop a care plan based on the problem-oriented record format: develop a written treatment plan, including objectives and methods of teaching and adjust information to patient’s current level of understanding: prepare and instruct PT approaches; adjust patient care plan as appropriate.
- Assure implementation and compliance of the therapy plan. Modify treatment plan as indicated by patient condition progress. Instruct caregivers and family for maximal function and safety in the home environment, including proper use of equipment, body mechanics and guarding techniques. Instruct, supervise and counsel caregivers and family members in continuity of care management. Make referrals to other disciplines as appropriate.
- Evaluate the therapy plan. Review the written plan and its effect on patient care and make appropriate modifications at least every 30 days. Obtain feedback from the other team members regarding the plan’s effectiveness. Explore with the staff, patient and /or family, progress in care. Consult with the attending physician concerning alteration of the therapy plan. Review patient’s record in appropriate utilization review setting. Meet as needed with the Rehabilitation Manager regarding patient care problems and how these may be resolved.
- Clinical doctorate, Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy.
- One year of physical therapy practice, preferred.
- Current and unrestricted license to practice Physical Therapy in the state of Washington.
- Current BLS certification.