The physical therapist is responsible for examining, evaluating and developing a treatment plan for patients with functional limitations and disabilities. PT’s provide consultation to healthcare providers regarding a patient’s continuum of care. The individual in this position is required to appropriately interact with all patients regardless of age or culture and to adhere to the Beaumont customer service standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Therapy required. Master's or Doctorate Degree preferred.
- Written or verbal communication skills required. Word processing and computer skills required. It is preferred that pediatric therapists have NDT certification and competency in serial casting.
- Michigan State License in Physical Therapy required. BLS certification.
- Competent clinical and evaluation skills are required.
- Ability to demonstrate Beaumont customer service standards; excellent verbal and written communication; ability to work independently in a fast paced environment; knowledge of clinical pathology, evaluation and treatment techniques for assigned population.
- Maintains verbal, written and electronic communication and collaborates with interdisciplinary treatment team, referral sources, physicians, and 3rd party payors.
- Participates in leadership functions: community outreach, CQI, marketing, cost containment, program development, PTA/AT/aide/student supervision; teaches staff, physicians and others.
- Professional development: Attends staff meetings; maintains and improves competence through self-study, attending in-services and continuing education programs. Clinical education to students.
- Evaluate, consult and implement an appropriate treatment plan for each patient. Accurately documents treatments and charges for self and assigned support staff.
- Serve as a resource of information and treatment skill for less knowledgeable staff, provide student supervision.
- Manage staff and department resources wisely. Supervise assigned support staff.
- Collaborate with intra and interdisciplinary team members regarding patient care. Collaborates with patient, family, significant other in treatment and in discharge planning.
Beaumont Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.