Responsible for the physical therapy management of patients. Will report to Director, Assistant Director and/or Clinical Supervisor.
- Establishes plan of care to achieve established goals relative to age, medical history and dysfunction.
- Administers or prescribes modalities and other physical agents.
- Administers or prescribes exercise programs/development of patient care programs.
- Demonstrates professional competence and clinical reasoning in assessing patient's condition at the onset and through all phases of skilled physical therapy.
- Routinely takes usual and special precautions relative to the age, medical history and condition of the patient, and the type of treatment being given.
- Regularly reassesses clinical signs and symptoms to determine effectiveness of treatment, progression towards goals, and the need for modification of treatment and/or goals.
- Implements the treatment program through direct treatment of the patient.
- May delegate a portion of the treatment plan to appropriate supportive personnel.
- Coordinates the treatment plan and participates in discharge planning with other health care personnel as appropriate.
- Completion of an accredited PT training program with a Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy.
- Current CA Physical Therapist License OR License eligibility letter prior to first day of employment:
- American Heart Association approved BLS required prior to first day of employment.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required prior to first day of employment.