Evaluates and treats patients with injuries or diseases resulting in loss of physical or functional abilities; supervises work performed by support personnel; effectively communicates and collaborates with patients, families and members of the healthcare team.
- Performs initial and on-going assessments of patient's condition and establishes goals and plan of care which is appropriate to problems identified and involves the patient/family according to their capabilities and desires.
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard, and, possibly specialized, physical therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the age and condition of the patient.
- Completes documentation to comply with department, hospital and regulatory standards.
- Participates in departmental initiatives for operational improvement, including committees and educational offerings.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- State licensure as a Physical Therapist or eligible.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.