The Physical Therapist will perform physical therapy evaluation and treatment in a manner consistent with the hospital’s mission, vision, and ICARE values. In this role, the Physical Therapist will be responsible for working with both inpatients and outpatients in performing patient assessments/evaluations, treatment planning, and implementation of individual programs to achieve functional goals, and work collaboratively with patient, family, physician, treatment team, and all hospital departments.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Designs and implements a plan of care for the patient and caregivers based on a thorough assessment. Provides age appropriate care for infants, children, adolescents, adults, and/or geriatric patients and demonstrates the knowledge and skills to care for the physical and developmental needs of patients and family members.
- Plan therapeutic activities directed toward optimizing the functionality and skills of patients and the promotion of health or rehabilitation of physical or psychosocial dysfunction.
- Conducts therapy practice within defined standards of care; reassesses functional needs of patient and adjusts care plan as indicated to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
- Provide examination, diagnosis and prognosis for both inpatients and outpatients; consult with medical staff on physical therapy matters.
- Communicate patient progress or problems to supervisor and other team members; instruct patient's family or nursing staff on follow-through programs. Promotes and contributes to a positive, problem-solving environment.
- Document patient care in accordance with all applicable regulatory, licensing, hospital, and accrediting procedures and requirements.
- Qualified candidates will possess a degree from an Accredited Physical Therapy Program, a current, valid license from the Missouri Board of Healing Arts as a Physical Therapist, BCLS preferred.
- Ability to foster a positive team atmosphere through effective interpersonal skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbal and written format.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to use multiple electronic systems, software, internet, and computer skills.