Responsible for the evaluation of patients, determining plan-of-care and goals of treatment, participating in treatment of patients within the scope of Physical Therapy. May provide oversight to therapy assistants and/or students in following the plan-of-care and treatment of patients appropriate to the age of the patient served; may provide supervision to therapy aides and/or volunteers.
- Evaluates assigned patients and establishes a treatment plan and goals, using data from a variety of sources, such as patient records, interviews, observation and team members.
- Completes patient treatment according to plan of care and modifies plan to meet patient needs, and updates plan as appropriate.
- Completes documentation accurately, timely, according to regulatory and state licensure requirements, and within professional standards.
- Collaborates with other healthcare professionals as necessary to ensure smooth continuous care of the patients. May act as a liaison with nursing, medical and other therapy staffs to facilitate problem solving and coordination of other services and act as an educational resource.
- May mentor and provide oversight to new caregivers, physical therapist assistants, and/or therapy aides. Provides clinical instruction and training to students.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate from a Physical Therapy program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education required.
- New graduates encouraged to apply!
- Current Physical Therapist license from the State of Alaska Physical Therapy Licensing Board required.
- Current American Heart Association BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.