Responsible for the physical therapy management of patients. Will report to Director, Assistant Director and/or Clinical Supervisor.
- Evaluates patients and interprets examination findings to determine the nature and extent of dysfunction relative to persons limited by medical problems, birth defects, or health related conditions to restore their abilities to move and perform functional activities in their daily lives. Performs clinical testing to determine muscle strength, reflexes, sensation, coordination, range of motion, and other sensory motor skills while performing clinical analysis and treatment of postural, gait, and ADL disorders.
- Establishes plan of care to achieve established goals relative to age, medical history and dysfunction.
- Administers or prescribes modalities and other physical agents.
- Administers or prescribes exercise programs/development of patient care programs.
- Demonstrates professional competence and clinical reasoning in assessing patient's condition at the onset and through all phases of skilled physical therapy.
- Routinely takes usual and special precautions relative to the age, medical history and condition of the patient, and the type of treatment being given.
- Regularly reassesses clinical signs and symptoms to determine effectiveness of treatment, progression towards goals, and the need for modification of treatment and/or goals.
- Completion of an accredited PT training program with a Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy.
- Current CA Physical Therapist License OR License eligibility letter prior to first day of employment:
- American Heart Association approved BLS required prior to first day of employment.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required prior to first day of employment.