A Physical Therapistis responsible for evaluating, treating, documenting, and/or facilitating care for residents who have medical problems or other health-related conditions that limit their abilities to move and perform functional activities in their daily lives. You will find meaningful work in this role with the opportunity to collaborate and make a positive impact every day!
- Provides appropriate treatment to help residents maintain or attain the highest level of function possible within the confines of his/her physical abilities.
- Recommends appropriate treatment, preventative measures, adaptive equipment, and/or durable medical equipment to prevent decline in residents’ function.
- Provides appropriate resident and caregiver in-service education to help residents maintain or attain the highest level of function possible within the confines of his/her physical abilities.
- Complete documentation, including but not limited to progress notes, discharge summaries, screens, MDS assessments, and recommendations for resident care plans in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Physical Therapy procedures and equipment providing for safety and maximum resident benefit.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy.
- Current PA license in good standing.
- Graduate of accredited Physical Therapy program.
- Ability to lift 60 pounds if necessary with the ability to sit, walk, bend, and twist. Ability to engage in repetitive motions for extended times required.
- Additional education or experience in long-term care therapy preferred.