This job plans, organizes and conducts physical therapy treatment programs based upon evaluation, assessment and medical referral; maintains patient care records, evaluates the patient’s response to treatment and recommends treatment plan changes; participates in in-service and continuing education programs; participates in special departmental programs, clinical education, research, and writing of professional papers; and assists with program development/enhancement.
- Performs age and diagnosis appropriate evaluations and treatment.
- Maintains patient records according to documentation standards, policies and procedures.
- Exhibits flexibility in overall department needs and actively participates in staff and committee projects.
- Attains established productivity levels set forth by administration and conducts professional development, required training, and credentialing.
- Participates in the education and training of physical therapy students.
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
- Other related duties as required.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of patient information.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications and keyboard.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally to varying levels of individuals throughout the patient care process.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills in order to deal with a variety of patients and diagnoses.
- Strong interpersonal skills.