- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to each pupil, taking into consideration individual background and characteristics.
- Knowledge of effective instructional techniques.
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ability to operate a computer and learn the operation of specific software programs.
- Ability to assess and evaluate student progress and achievement.
- Ability to adapt and modify techniques and materials for effectiveness.
- Ability to promote and encourage learning.
- Skill in organization and time management.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Current academic knowledge in subject area.
- Assessment and evaluation techniques.
- Current laws, regulations and issues surrounding confidential records and student information.
- Current research and best practices in physical therapy pertaining to special education.
- Discipline rules and regulations as defined by the federal and state rules and regulations including IDEA 97.
- Functional Behavior Assessments (FBA) and Behavioral Intervention Plans (BIP) related to student discipline and Individual Educational Programs (IEP).
The Sultan School District #311 is an equal opportunity employer. The district complies with all federal rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex or handicap. Inquiries regarding compliance procedures may be directed to the District Title IX Officer and/or Section 504 Coordinator, 514 4th ST, Sultan, WA 98294. Federal/State Criminal History Background Clearance will be required at applicant’s expense (employment status contingent on verification).