The Physical Therapist evaluates patients, develops plan of care and provides treatment within the guidelines of physician referrals; participates in efficient, cost effective planning and operation of the Physical Therapy Department.
- Assesses patients’ functional status as it relates to the reason for referral.
- Plans and delivers treatment based on findings in the initial assessment.
- Provides patient education to promote knowledge and skills needed to meet patients’ healthcare needs.
- Supervises Physical Therapy Assistants, Aides, Volunteers and students. Complies with all documentation guidelines per professional requirements, Joint Commission of Accreditation for Hospital Organizations’ standards and Medicare standards.
- Develops and guides the patient in therapeutic activities and exercise for the purpose of improving function, increasing strength, increasing ROM, and increasing independence.
- Maintains current documentation standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy required.
- Ohio License required; BLS required.
- Two years of Physical Therapy experience preferred, but new graduates are accepted.