The Physical Therapist assumes a dynamic leadership role on the interdisciplinary patient care teams. This individual identifies patient care needs, develops a plan of care and goals in collaboration with the patient, provides a wide variety of treatment techniques within the scope of practice, provides education and support to patients/families, and facilitates continuing care planning.
- Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum Level of Experience Required: No prior job-related work experience.
- Prior job title or occupational experience: N/A.
- Prior specific functional responsibilities: N/A.
- Preferred experience: 1-3 years of job-related experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates, treats, documents, delegates, and discharges patients per service guidelines.
- Engages in interdisciplinary patient care management.
- Bills appropriately for services and supplies provided as indicated through matching of documentation and service charges.
- Provides oversight of Physical Therapist Assistants.
- Provides patient/family education.
- Participates in programs/service performance improvement activities.
- Manages case load per department standards.
- Engages in patient satisfaction efforts and looks for opportunities to ensure that all patients have a satisfying experience.