The Physical Therapist treat residents by teaching them different exercises intended to strengthen or stretch muscles as well as alleviate pain. Prior to this, you’ll consult with the resident on their symptoms and develop a rehabilitation plan. Throughout the process, a large part of your job will include being supportive and understanding. Providing encouraging words is just as important as the physical aspect of the job.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with the Facility’s personnel, safety, and corporate policies and procedures.
- Report witnessed or reported allegations of resident abuse/neglect immediately to the Administrator or Director of Nursing.
- Reports to Corporate Director of Rehabilitation and facility Director of Rehabilitation Services.
- Treat residents, family members, visitors, and team members with dignity and respect.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident and family information.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Responsible for supervising and training PTA’s and PT Aides.
- Responsible for evaluating the resident within one business day of the written referral from the Doctor.
- Responsible for planning, administering and supervising the PTA in an appropriate treatment plan after evaluation is complete.
- Must meet recognized standards of the professional education and qualifications.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- If required to operate a motor vehicle for business purposes, must successfully complete the requirements contained in Company’s Motor Vehicles policy.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be able to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.