Evaluates, plans and administers comprehensive physical therapy modalities/regimens to patients in their place of residence for the purpose of developing and restoring function through rehabilitative physical therapy as prescribed by a physician.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs accurate and comprehensive assessments.
- Obtains physician orders for certification and recertification of home physical therapy services.
- Ensures that changes in patient’s clinical status are communicated to other healthcare team members and Agency office staff verbally and in writing in a timely manner.
- Ensures that physician orders are communicated to other healthcare team members and Agency staff in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner.
- Coordinates care planning and delivery with the physician, patient and family/caregivers, other healthcare team members and Agency staff to facilitate optimal patient outcomes.
- Educates patients, their families/caregivers and other staff as appropriate, in appropriate physical therapy modalities.
- Delivers physical therapy modalities appropriate to the patient’s clinical status and needs, and in accordance with the standard of care for patient’s age.
- Current valid state Physical Therapy license.
- Graduate of an accredited physical therapy curriculum/school.
- Two (2) years of work experience.
- Prior home health experience preferred.
- Valid state driver’s license and reliable automobile.
- Proof of current automobile insurance.
- Current health certificate/physical examination and TB testing.